Clean Home – Clean Planet
If you are anything like me, you want a clean, fresh home as well as a clean planet. But have we traded easy and convenience for harsh chemicals and toxins that don’t make our home any cleaner but in fact can harm us and the planet? With a little knowledge, it’s not that hard to change up your cleaning routine with DIY.
Armed with essential oils, it’s possible to work smarter – not harder. Take advantage of the purity and power behind essential oils and watch how a little elbow grease goes a long way! You can proactively begin ditching those toxins and harsh chemicals you’ve been using in your cleaning routine, even if you start with just one DIY recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup salt
1/2 cup water
2 cups baking soda
1 ½ cups liquid Castile soap
10 drops Lemon essential oil
10 drops Grapefruit essential oil
10 drops Purification essential oil
Some other oils you may want to try are Lime, Tangerine, Citrus Fresh, Thieves, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, or Pine.
What To Do:
1. Mix your soap and water in one dish, then the baking soda and salt in another.
2. Slowly pour a small amount of the wet mixture into the dry mixture, stirring well and checking the consistency. Do not add ALL the liquid or it will become overly wet. You want to be able to pack it together and hold its shape. If it does become too wet, just add a little more baking soda until you get the desired consistency.
3. Use a spoon to scoop the thick paste onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and flatten drops with the spoon. They will need to be more flat than round because they will dry faster that way.
4. You can let your DIY garbage disposal pods air dry for a day or two, or place them in the oven at 175 degrees for an hour and a half to two hours until they are dry. Store them in a creatively reused glass jar with a lid for easy, airtight storage.
5. Run hot water through the garbage disposal to clear out any lingering debris. Once clear, pop one of these disposal pods in and shut off the water. Let it run for about 10 to15 seconds, then give it a final rinse with hot water.
Deodorized and clean!
| MY WEBSITE|